Friday 17 January 2014

Kale-Coconut-Stew





- potatoes
- root parsley
- root celery
- 1-2 carrots
- small can coconut milk
- small can chickpeas
- onion, garlic, ginger
- few leaves kale (curly kale)
- oil
- tofu, cut in stripes and fried in oil with some added soy sauce


This was a stew made out of a lot of different things which had to be used and this fresh green kale. As I made this a few weeks ago I'm not quite sure if I remember everything correctly, but it's a stew. You can't go wrong.

Cut onions, smash garlic, grate ginger and dice both the root parsley and the root celery. Oh and the carrots, too. I think I had one small carrot.
Fry in a teaspoon of oil, until onions get translucent.

Then add one litre water and salt, pepper, veggie broth,  a dash of paprika.

Let cook for 5-8 minutes and then add the potatoes and the kale.

Cook for another 8-10 minutes, then add the drained chickpeas and some coconut milk. I did use probably 3/4 of a small can. But these are just details and you can adjust this to your taste.
Let cook for a few minutes more until the potatoes are done or even a little longer, then taste if you need more salt and pepper. Serve hot with tofu stripes on top.

I love to make a big pot of soup or stew and have lots of leftovers the next day. Then I usually take some for work. You know, these stews taste better the next day anyway and so it's the perfect lunch at work.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.