Sunday 9 February 2014

Beetroot Hummus.




Last week I asked my mother if she had any more ideas what to do with beetroots. She came up with this hummus variation which turned out so lovely - in appearance and taste. The beetroot not only provides a nice pink but also a subtle sweetness. I slightly changed the original recipe and now I have a big bowl of pastel pink hummus in my fridge to make lots of sandwiches this week:


400g canned chickpeas
2 beetroots
3 tblsp tahin
1 clove garlic
salt, pepper, cumin
fresh lemon juice


Peel the beetroot, dice and cook until tender. Strain, but keep the cooking fluid. Blend chickpeas with beetroot, tahin, garlic and cooking water with a handheld blender until creamy - than season with lemon juice,salt, pepper and a dash of cumin.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.