Friday 24 August 2012

Cœur de bœuf.



A few weeks ago I found these pretty tomatoes and had to buy them. I know that there are thousands of tomato variations but it's rare to get some which is kind of sad. That's one reason why I'm so excited about my yellow tomatoes growing in a small pot on my window sill.
Unfortunately my two cœur de bœuf  weren't very tasty, more or less quite bland, but they are really great for stuffed tomatoes as they are not as soft as the average tomato which usually finds their way into our kitchens. And of course they're way bigger.
My filling was made of TVP, soaked in veggie broth, mixed with finely cut onions and spices like garam masala, cumin, salt, pepper and fennu greek.
As I had some maccheroni left overs I just baked these together with the stuffed tomatoes for about 25 minutes in the oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.