Monday 18 June 2012

Orange-Sage Scrambled Tofu.



- 200g tofu
- piece of ginger
- some fresh leaves of sage
- 1 orange
- salt, pepper
- dash of smoked paprika (optional, use regular paprika otherwise)
- 1 tblsp oil

Heat the oil and fry crumbled tofu on medium heat. Grate a big piece of ginger and add together with salt, pepper and (if you have some) smoked paprika to tofu. Stir well.
Peel the orange and cut out the filets. This is way easier as it sounds, but you need a very sharp, big knife otherwise you'll just have a mushy lump of orange in your hand.
Then cut the sage into thin stripes and add together with orange filets to tofu, the tofu should already have some golden brown spots. Stir carefully and fry for another 5 minutes on medium to low heat.

Even if you don't have smoked paprika this dish has a warm hearty flavour by the sage, while orange and ginger give a fresh and fruity (but not very sweet) note.
I love scrambled tofu and always try new variations. Most of the time I don't have an idea beforehands, I just have the idea that I want scrambled tofu.
Of course I have a basic recipe, but sometimes I want a new flavor - then I'll throw in whatever I have in the kitchen and might be suitable. 
This was one of the best scrambled tofu variations I've ever had and I'll defintively keep that in mind. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.